Cosmetic dentistry is a field of dentistry which seeks to address the cosmetic needs of your dentition. Cosmetic dentistry aims to improve the aesthetics or appearance of your teeth and hence improves your smile and also boosts your confidence.
There are several procedures that are done in order to improve the appearance of your teeth and smile. Some of these procedures can be done in one appointment whilst others can be so complex that they require several more appointments in order to achieve the desired results. However, regardless of the number of appointments, the aim of cosmetic dentistry is to improve your appearance while preserving the functionality of your teeth.
There are several types of treatments that we are able to perform. These include:
1. Simple fillings: we do the fillings in order to remove the active decay and restore the tooth’s normal function and appearance using filling materials that match the color of your natural teeth.
2. Tooth whitening: we perform this procedure when you have tooth discolorations that may be unsightly.
3. Crowns: crowns are placed on your root treated teeth that may start to gray over time. The crown will cover your tooth and mask the loss of natural color. We have crowns that are made from tooth colored material.
4. Veneers: this is a facing that is made to cover the part of the tooth that is visible. We use them either directly or indirectly, meaning we can use special materials in the clinic or have the veneers made from our dental laboratory.
5. Bridges: the bridge is a dental prosthesis which will improve the appearance of your teeth by replacing a missing tooth or several missing teeth by using the adjacent teeth as supports.
6. Implants: an implant is a prosthesis that we make in order to replace the root of your missing tooth. This improves your appearance because the health of the bone around the missing tooth will not start to resorb and produce an unsightly appearance. The implant will ensure that the bone is kept healthy. The implant also gives support to the crown that will be placed.
Call Eternity Dental so we can assess you mouth to provide you with a happy cosmetic outcome.